September 4, 2012

Marisa Miller's Secrets to Staying Fit

Who is Marisa Miller?

Marisa Lee Miller (née Bertetta; born August 6, 1978) is an American model best known for her appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues and her work for lingerie retailer Victoria's Secret. After a stint shooting with photographer Mario Testino for fashion magazines like Vogue, Miller began working for both companies in 2002. In 2007, she became a Victoria's Secret Angel, and graced the cover of the 2008 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue to record-setting numbers. Her accomplishments have led to her being dubbed the "return of the great American supermodel." She is known for contracts with companies like Harley-Davidson, for whom she is the first spokesperson in the history of the company, and the NFL, for whom she became a spokesperson in 2010. Miller is considered a sex symbol; she ranked #1 on Maxim magazine's 2008 "Hot 100" list and in FHM's global 2010 "Sexiest Women in the World" poll. Aside from modeling, she is an ambassador for both the American Cancer Society and the USO. — Wikipedia
  • Eat Naked
Sounds kooky, but she has a point: "Eating smart is all about having an awareness of your body. The most obvious way to do that is by seeing it. So when you're trying to lose weight, spend more time wearing less. I don't think I could eat a plate of nachos naked--could you?"  

  • Prep Ahead of Time 
 "I'll cook a batch of brown rice or quinoa and keep it in the fridge, so when I get hungry, I can easily dress it up with olive oil, lemon, and salt and pepper, and then add veggies," says Marisa, who often has zucchini and spinach.

  •  Practice Portion Control 
 "I usually say no to the bad things at Whole Foods, but then I get to the register, where they have individually wrapped chocolates. I'll grab five and keep them at home. If I need something sweet, I've got it!" she says. Make Smart Swaps Marisa has found healthier alternatives to fattening foods. Instead of potato chips, she munches on organic Rhythm Superfoods Kool Ranch Kale Chips. And she mixes tuna with Wildwood garlic aioli instead of mayo. She also whips up leaner versions of Griffin's high-fat favorites--such as a BLT made with an Ezekiel English muffin, organic tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, and turkey bacon.  

  • Keep Your Hands Off His Junk Food 
 "When I first met Griffin, I gained 10 pounds! When you are falling in love, all you do is make out and eat!" says Marisa. Now she has learned to indulge judiciously. "When I do have one of his favorites, like soda or cake, I look at it as a treat and enjoy it. Because I eat well 90 percent of the time, I don't feel guilty."

Anyway, enjoy this video.


source : Yahoo! | Youtube | Wikipedia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment? :D